Falls City Area Chamber Of Commerce
The Falls City Area of Commerce was established as a Commercial Club in 1907, and became the Chamber of Commerce in 1930. In 1937, the organization was incorporated as the Falls City Area Chamber of Commerce.
The Chamber is a motivating force in the region. It seeks through an organization of people, working together, to unite the industrial, agricultural, commercial and civic interests for the purpose of concerted action which will drive the growth and development of the region. The method for attaining the objective is through the following steps:
1) To develop, encourage, promote and support the commercial, professional industrial, agricultural, financial, general business and civic interests of the region and it’s citizens, and to all those who make use of our resources.
2) To extend and promote the present trade and commerce to foster, develop, and support the industry of the region.
Main Street Falls City
“To enhance community identity, heritage and pride through revitalization, restoration and business development in downtown Falls City, Nebraska.”
Nebraska Lt. Governor Rick Sheehy and State Senator LaVon Heidemann unveiled the Heritage Nebraska Main Street Community sign that officially welcomed Falls City to the Heritage Nebraska Main Street program on January 15, 2010.
Main Street Falls City is a public-private partnership requiring self-help and funding to create a Four Point Approach®. This is a unique economic development tool and the foundation for every local Main Street program’s revitalization effort. This comprehensive strategy, developed by the National Trust’s Main Street Center, fosters incremental improvements.
1) Organization provides a structure for local efforts through community-based, volunteer driven, non-profit entities that empower public and private entities to collaborate for a comprehensive and sustainable commercial district.
2) Economic Restructuring redefines the district’s niche in the marketplace and sharpens the competitiveness of existing businesses, while nurturing new enterprises that respond to today’s consumer needs.
3) Design targets, infrastructure, and building improvements that lay the groundwork for a physical transformation that is functional and attractive.
4) Promotion focuses on authentic community assets, with high quality image development campaigns and events that attract shoppers, visitors, and residents.
A healthy downtown is the very core of any vibrant community. Not only does it represent the quality of life, but helps foster economic growth. A community’s Main Street program helps: protect the existing tax base; serve as an incubator for new and developing businesses downtown; attract new business and industry, create jobs, and strengthen service and retail markets; provide a focus on community pride and positive self-image; provide economic stability necessary for economic growth; preserve the historic fabric of the community and protect the environment by reusing existing assets instead of tearing down and building new.
See the Downtown Revitalization Plan for Falls City
To become a patron of the Main Street Falls City Program, please download the participation letter and commitment form and return them to the Main Street Falls City office at 1705 Stone Street, Falls City, Nebraska. Thank you.