To identify, inspire and equip leaders to take positive action to make Falls City and the surrounding area a vibrant place to live, work and play, now and in the future.
Program Goals & Outcomes
1) Increase human capacity by developing individual leadership skills;
2) Increase social capacity creating awareness of local, county and/or regional issues, as well as, state, regional and local resources and processes;
3) Increase cultural capacity by examining assets that give the Falls City area a unique sense of place;
4) Create a culture of collaboration through nurturing group dynamics and building a network of relationships with current participants, past and present leaders; and
5) Provide an opportunity for each year’s participants to incorporate and implement all they learn into a collaborative class capstone community development, community betterment project.
The Program will consist of a skill development trainings through out nine full-day sessions held the 3rd Tuesday of each month from January through September. The classes will be held at locations in the Falls City area that best relate to monthly topics. During each session participants are introduced to issues by means of site tours, panels and presentations, lectures, group discussions and simulations.
Participants are required to attend nine full-day; to attend a city council, nonprofit and school board meeting outside of the program schedule; and to actively participate in the planning and implementation of the class project. Attendance and participation in all sessions and activities are a requirement to be eligible to graduate.
Monthly Session Topics
· Understanding yourself as a manager with the Meyers Briggs Type Indicator
· Working with Groups
· Using Parliamentary Procedure
· Understanding yourself as a manager – managing conflict
· Handling Change, Managing change and leading change
· Community Visioning or Strategic Planning
· Moving from Talk to Action
· Applying what you learned
Tuition is $150 per participant. Tuition will be used toward the purchase of program supplies, guest speakers and meals.
Splash Pad Project
Help Support the 15-16 & 14-15 Classes Project by making a donation here: https://www.gofundme.com/falls-city-splash-pad-funds-2unw7c24
Falls City Lane Leadership…Paving the Future of Falls City
The 2015-2016 Lane Leadership Class from left to right shown below Katie Youngquist, Allyson Vonderschmidt, Nicole Mason, Britney Huppert, Derrick Leyden, and Jay Bechtold.
The 2014-2015 Lane Leadership Class from left to right shown below Jonah Santo, Joseph Froeschl, Kristy Dixon, Leslie Miller, ; Mitch Merz, Penelope Caudle, Sarah Ahern, and Rachel Aitken.